The topic that I have chosen for the simulation is cognitive development. I have chosen this topic because it is my personal opinion that a strong foundation in cognitive development is the core of a successful academic future as well as assists one in obtaining his/her greatest potential. As adults, we are continuously enhancing our cognitive development through continuing education, training, word searches, etc. With this understanding, it intrigues me to know how early can cognitive development began. We know (through research) that it begins in the womb but I'm curious to know how early.
Some insights that I have gained so far from constructing the research chart is the various research methods and how each method has its own terminology. I will be using The Developing Person Through Childhood by Kathleen Stassen Berger as one of my resources for my simulation. I used this textbook for a previous course and found it had a plethora of information on prenatal development, including cognitive development. Are there any other resources that should be considered with this particular simulation?
No comments:
Post a Comment