When I first began this journey on Building Research Competencies, I was overwhelmed with thoughts of collecting data, graphs, tables, and scientific terminology! But at the end of it all, I can confidently say that I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about the foundations of research and how it pertains to the early childhood field! One insight that I have gained is how detailed and complex research can be. From the various methods used to collect and analyze data to the criteria needed to ensure the validity of the study, I now have a full awareness that scientific projects require a variety of perspectives and considerations before the study even begins!
Of course there were some challenges! One of the challenges that I encountered was trying to understand the various terminology found in research and grasp how to apply certain methods to a study. But, using the Understanding Research Chart was an extreme help because it allowed me to review certain terms and then redefine those terms in my own words for better understanding. It is my personal opinion that the chart allowed further appreciation of the concepts and terms found within a particular chapter. This as well as the course, Building Research Competencies has modified my perceptions of an early childhood professional by giving me more insight on the process and methods used within research. I am more excited and have discovered a new-found passion for the early childhood field because of the in-depth knowledge I have gained about research and how it can be used to benefit and further the early childhood field, its learners, families, and community as a whole!
No comments:
Post a Comment