Saturday, August 9, 2014

My Supports

The factors in my daily environment that are supportive to me are my physical, emotional, and practical supports. My physical supports include belief in my Higher Power, my body, the roof over my head, the cars that I drive, the nature trail that I walk 4 miles through every morning, the nourishment I place in my body, the back rubs that I receive from my husband, and the daily hugs and kisses from my daughters. My emotional supports mostly include the support of my husband, my daughters, and my in-laws. My practical supports include the money used to purchase things, my laptop, my phone, my pen, and my notebook! The benefits of these different forms of assistance are endless!

The encouragement of my physical support allow me to be the best possible “Monique” that that I can be! These factors offer security, freedom, and rejuvenation which helps me to grow daily as a person. It is reassuring and uplifting to always “have someone in your corner”! To have that voice in your ear saying "You can do it!" "I'm proud of you!" The emotional support that I receive from the above mentioned have helped me to become the person I am today! Like most people nowadays, I use my phone for everything! To check the weather and the time; as an alarm clock, a listening device, and a book’; my health mate as it tracks how many steps I take a day and how many calories I intake; and to communicate with the outside world!

The benefits of my pen and my notebook are (when used together) they help me to center my thoughts and express my intentions. All of these aids and their gains are the force that keep me alive and moving forward on a daily basis and would be unthinkably difficult to exist without them! They would have a tremendous impact on my life if they were gone because I have incorporated them into my daily living! It would be like starting life all over again! It feels weird to make this statement but I say this because “support” is such a strong concept. When you are supported by something or someone, you rely on it (to a certain degree) and can put you weight on it, whether it’s emotional or physical weight. Whatever the support maybe, you have made it a part of who you are because of its strength to hold you up/together when you can’t do it for yourself.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Monique,
    I love your idea about a pen and paper being a support for you. I think it is amazing that you are able to take time to be honest and open with yourself on a daily basis. I am sure you have seen the benefits of being able to spend some time with yourself. I agree that a support can be intrinsic or physical in our own daily lives. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique,
    Great post! I really like the way you broke it down to physical, emotional, and practical supports. As I completed this assignment it made me think about how if one of these supports were missing we would be viewing our daily tasks in a completely different view. I think for anyone who misses one of these practical, emotional, or physical supports looks at the world through different but wonderful eyes. It is a part of what brings diversity to society.

    ReplyDelete