The most profound comment I read was on a fellow classmates blog: candicechatman.wordpress.com. On her blog, she had a short video of quotes about children from famous people. The quote that resonated with me TO MY CORE was "The soul is healed by being with children" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. As an early childhood professional, I can truly say from experience that this quote is accurate! I can remember working as an Early Head Start teacher and sneaking across the hall to the infant room so I could get my "fix" for the day! I didn't know how to explain it until I read this quote. But, every time I held one of those babies in my arms, the troubles of the day melted away instantly! I would leave feeling so refreshed and ready to face the rest of the day! The energy I felt, the calmness, the genuineness of the moment stayed with me. And because those moments became a part of me, I always say if I ever went back to the classroom full-time, I would want to work in the infant room!
I would like to extend a professional thanks and support to candicechatman.wordpress.com and kathypierre.blogspot.com whose blogs I have followed and learned from throughout this course. THANK YOU for giving me a sneak peek into who you are and how you see child development!I have learned so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment