Sunday, November 1, 2015

Competent Communication

I had an extremely hard time trying to find a person that demonstrates competent communication within a particular context because there were so many to choose from! I ultimately chose Lousie Derman-Sparks and Nadiyah Taylor. Lousie Derman-Sparks (Professor Emeritus and co-author of Anti-Bias Education for Young Children and Ourselves as well as other texts) and Nadiyah Taylor (Department Coordinator and Professor of Early Childhood Development). These two women are from the Laureate Education multimedia presentations. In my professional opinion, they closely exhibited effective communication during their interviews.  I was intrigued with their dialogue, how they expressed their ideas effectively, they were respectively of each other and the topics in which they chose to highlight on kept my interest.

Louise Derman-Sparks
140x140
Nadiyah Taylor
                   
I would like to model some of my own communication behaviors after these two individuals. I want to effectively communicate my ideas while respectively acknowledging another's opinion (especially when different from mine!). I want to be in a position to understand the early childhood field thoroughly and able to speak on a vast number of topics while offering knowledge to those listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment